Hello again, Las Vegas! Important update: You all, as readers, have made the Las Vegas Daily so successful that it is my honor to announce the next stage of the newsletter. Patch is looking for a local writer and entrepreneur to take the helm of the Las Vegas Daily. Although I have loved getting to know this community, we want to pass the torch to someone truly local to write about Las Vegas long term. So if you’re interested in earning extra income while making this newsletter a more valuable resource for your neighbors, learn more and apply here.
First, today’s weather:
Partly sunny and breezy. High: 66 Low: 38.
Here are the top 3 stories in Las Vegas today:
- The City of Las Vegas is asking for the community’s support in helping with an upcoming homeless resident count taking place this month. The city is seeking volunteers that are available on Thursday, Feb. 24 to provide aid at one of their eight homeless resource locations. People who have registered to help will be notified about training soon. For full details on how to get involved, please read the full article. (News3LV)
- In March of 2020, Las Vegas barber Francisco Carbajal was sidelined by the coronavirus pandemic after being deemed as a nonessential worker. Even though this seemed to be a setback, it actually helped him launch his razor blade company, Filoso Barber Brand. The company specializes in creating products made for barbers by barbers. Carbajal really hopes that his success will inspire other Latinos and entrepreneurs to take a chance and build something from nothing. (Las Vegas Review-Journal)
- Yesterday morning (Feb. 20), firefighters battled a two-alarm fire at the Borgata condominium complex located on the west side of town. The Clark County Fire Department and Las Vegas Fire Department were called to the scene at around 3:20 a.m. for reports of smoke and flames showing from a second-story condo. The knockdown was declared at 3:46 a.m. According to reports, no one was injured or found inside the building; however, the cause of the fire is still unknown. (KTNV Las Vegas)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Las Vegas Daily is brought to you in part by Newrez, a leading nationwide mortgage lender. Make a smart move for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to connect with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS #3013)
Today in Las Vegas:
- Kids Cafe – Free Meals for Kids and Teens at West Las Vegas Library (3:00 PM)
- Tools for Success at Clark County Library (3:00 PM)
From my notebook:
- The City of Las Vegas Government wants to wish everyone a Happy President’s Day! The arches located on Las Vegas Boulevard North right by Facebook) (
- A wind advisory is in effect for some portions of Las Vegas today and tomorrow. (Facebook)
- Vegas Chamber is asking everyone to save the date for its 2022 Business Expo. The event will take place on Jun. 16 at the World Market Center. (Facebook)
More from our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Loving the Las Vegas Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send a friend or neighbor this link so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
Now you’re in the loop and ready to start this Monday off right. I’ll see you soon!
— Dominique-Noelle Rafael
About me: Dominique is a self taught UX/UI designer based in Princeton, NJ. She recently graduated from the University of Maryland last spring with a bachelor’s degree in Information Science. She is excited to begin working on the Patch newsletter project this year!